1 1/2 lbs ground meat*
1 diced green pepper
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes
1 jar pasta sauce
1 1/2 tbs garlic powder
1 tsp Italian seasonings
salt and pepper
pre-cooked lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 1/2 cups shredded medium cheddar
* your choice of meats for the ground meat, this was made with equal parts ground beef and ground chicken.
Preheat oven to 375 F.
1. Brown ground meats thoroughly, while it is cooking add green pepper, black beans, and corn. Continue cooking until meats are no longer pink and everything is heated through.
2. Add pasta sauce, diced tomatoes, and spices. Stir well and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Start layering in glass baking dish. Sauce, a layer of noodles, sauce, cover with a 1/2 shredded cheese, another layer of noodles, last of the sauce and remainder of cheese.
4. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and add 6 to 8 dabs of butter.
5. Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
Post a Comment